Early Years Scotland provides support and information with regard to:
• High quality two-generation shared play and learning experiences
• Supporting parents to increase both their own and their children’s levels of confidence and skills
• ‘Together we Can’ workshops led by Early Years Scotland practitioners that can later be led by parents in subsequent Parent and Toddler Group sessions
• Early learning experiences which can be transferred to the home
• Financial management
• Policy development and adherence to policies
• Effective management committees
• Maximising benefits and successful outcomes for children and families.
Providing Scotland’s children with the very best start in life is essential if we are going to achieve excellence and equity for all. Many parents are keen to contribute to the successful running of their local Parent and Toddler Group, but often feel they lack the necessary knowledge and/or confidence. Early Years Scotland staff understand this and support parents in many ways including conducting organisational health checks and audits and also assisting them to identify and explore potential funding avenues.
This support service enables groups to establish and run effective committees resulting in successful, sustainable community provision for parents and their young children. Many of these approaches and activities are then continued into the home, resulting in enriched home learning environments and improved outcomes.
All member groups receive a full range of membership benefits as described on the Early Years Scotland website. In funded areas of Scotland, our Early Years staff are on hand to offer support and advice.