PATH (Scotland) received 5 year funding from the Big Lottery Fund to fund the Positive Moves in the Workplace project, which aims to support black and minority ethnic (BME) people who work, or aspire to work, in the housing sector to make the transition to more senior, supervisory or management roles; BME individuals will improve personal skills such as assertiveness and the ability to deal with conflict while being supported in planning career development. We are now in the 5th year of funding.
Positive Moves consists of three components.
- The first is the Aftercare Service for former PATH trainees and those interested in working in Housing and related sectors. This is provided by our Trainee Co-ordinator Tracey Young.
- The second part relates to equalities work with housing organisations. This is provided by May Fong, external facilitator.
- The third aspect of the project is Personal Development Coaching which is provided on a 1-to-1 basis by our coach Nasra Bibi.
Please see http://pathscotland.org.uk/positive-moves to dowload the below leaflets and evaluations on the Positive Moves programme.
- Evaluation and Monitoring of Positive Moves 2016-17
- Mentoring and coaching
- Positive Moves in the Workplace