The Dads Club is an activity-based parenting support project for single and contact fathers with young children in Edinburgh. It is carried out jointly by Gilmerton Child & Family Centre and One Parent Families Scotland (OPFS), with financial support from Edinburgh Childcare Partnership through the Sure Start programme.
The Dad's Club support single and contact fathers with young children (under 4 years old) in Edinburgh. Both those who are the main carers of their children and those contact fathers who look after their children for shorter periods of time.
If you are a full-time or contact dad with young children, we can help with:
- Activities & Saturday outings.
- Meet other lone fathers.
- Support and information.
What is the Dads’ Club?
The Dads’ Club organises free activities and outings for single fathers and their young children, including men who only see their children for part of the time.
- We go to soft play centres, swimming, play parks, the beach and other places.
- You and your kids have the chance to suggest where we go and what we do.
- You get the chance to meet other men who are bringing up children on their own and your kids have a great time.
- Other activities are held during the week.
Is it for me?
You need to come with a pre-school child that you look after on your own, although the child doesn’t have to be living with you. Fathers of all ages take part.
Advice & Support:
- Tuesday 3pm - 5pm at Gilmerton Children's Centre, 66 Gilmerton Dykes Street
- Thursday 10am - 12noon at One Parent Families Scotland, 13 Gayfield Square
Activities: Saturday 9am - 12 noon, various locations.
For further information, please get in touch for a chat.